YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yamahaa has issues staying on. I've checked the relays I've cleaned the carb but the check engine light is on. The pump is priming the carburetor but turns off soon after.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I think you mean throttle body, not carburetor. When you say it turns off do you mean the fuel pump primes for a few seconds and then stops or do you mean while it's running? If it's while it's running the fuel pump is bad and you'll need a new one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea so I disconnected the fuel line and saw that when I turned the switch the fuel pump primes. It sends the first burst of fuel but that's the only fuel its able to send. After it stops pumping. So it will start up with that first bit of fuel but that's it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you mean throttle body, not carburetor. When you say it turns off do you mean the fuel pump primes for a few seconds and then stops or do you mean while it's running? If it's while it's running the fuel pump is bad and you'll need a new one.
Yea so I disconnected the fuel line and saw that when I turned the switch the fuel pump primes. It sends the first burst of fuel but that's the only fuel its able to send. After it stops pumping. So it will start up with that first bit of fuel but that's it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Sounds like a bad fuel pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts