YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm soon gonna get:
hmf full exhaust (pc'd red)
ron woods intake (with uni filter or foam filter)

i'm gonna try to keep the box, with the lid off, and get some kind of large foam filter for it if possible. anyone know if its hard to install?

and would i follow the jetting from hmf, or how would i go about jetting?
i've read up on some jetting stuff, but i'm still very new to this.... what is everything i need to make my bike run right?
thanx in advance!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Jetting wise everyone would need to know elevation, temp & humidity. Other then that your mods sound good.

I know you’re an east coaster so maybe someone on that side could jump in and help. I don't know how much jetting changes on that side of the country.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dam, i'm running everything stock right now, hope its ok, its very cold here right now.... i plan on getting everything done all at once, then maybe just change the jetting one more time for the cam mod :lol

right now i just need to know what jetting (main, pilot, bla. bla) basically the stuff i know very little about.

also, once i do these mods and jet, will i have to rejet when its warmer out? like when its 80-90 in the summer?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Were at sea level. If you are running lean in the winter (everyone with stock bikes are) You really shouldnt have to rejet in the summer but its a good idea just to rejet. If couldnt hurt the motor and only takes 5 min of your time.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so what should my jetting be w/ the full hmf and the ron woods intake?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm in florida and I jetted a 175 main and a 48 piliot jet w/ my needle clip on #6. That's with the cam mod, intake and full HMF exhaust. Your best bet is to go to DADDOG's jetting website and make a half attemp at learning something for yourself. Educate yourself. Don't rely on other people "suggestions" and "what works for me is..." Each bike is different.

And, the "search" function works wonders.. :re

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
true, read everything on that website, its a lot to absorn though, just wanted real feed back :sucks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts