YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you guys think that getting the full system instead of a slipon is worth the extra 150-250 bucks?
because honestly, the head pipes on most full systems looks like the stock head pipe.

what am i missing here?

thanks. :yfz

·
Registered
441 Posts
i dont, i rode a yfz with spark arreestor core removed it was pretty quick, the power gains fromt he headpipe maybe be worth it if ur lacking power...if thats possible :disgust

·
Registered
264 Posts
They look the same because the can only bend one way. The after market head pipes are different lengths most are a little longer. I have the Yoshi and it moves the bend forward a little. It is great because now the header is further away from my leg. I don't burn my leg hairs off if i'm cruisin with my etnies and shorts. i never ran just a slip on but I have very experienced friends who race and they swear by using a headpipe. :evilgrin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Of course the headpipe is worth it. Many complete systems will use a megaphone style. stepped or a longer headpipe than stock which in turn can add 2-3 more HP over stock.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
mich pretty much hit it on the head. aftermarket headers usually have much larger headers, increasing power. so, youre spending 200-300 on a silencer, why now drop a few more and get it complete, the way it was intended? ya feel me? :blah

·
Registered
57 Posts
i ordered an HMF slip on this week and i figure that if i want a headpipe later, i'm just gonna buy the GYT-R header cuz i think it's the same length as stock. am i right?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I think you could also go with a powerbomb header. I hear those are supposed to be pretty good.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It depends on your application. Even HMF does not recommend their full system on a 400EX for certain applications. If you look closely at the dyno numbers you see why. Some applications need the header, some start with a header that works as well or better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts