YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so i have a YFZ 450 R 2014. It has a K&N air intake, full yoshimura exhaust and a dyno tune to make everything run fine. I bought it second hand and have been driving it for a total of about 12 hours and its been doing fine. But yesterday the check engine light came on. Evrything still runs fine and idles well no wierd sounds... but when i go to start it the fuel pump starts but keeps pumping and pumping without giving up. Usually it stops after two seconds once it is primed. Could it be the problem? And if so any way i could fix this thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do you have a modified wire harness? My harness is wired to run all the time because I had the relay omitted.The fuel pump with recirculate back to the tank. There is a fuel pressure regulator alongside the fuel pump in the tank. This allows the excess fuel to dump back into the tank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a modified wire harness? My harness is wired to run all the time because I had the relay omitted.The fuel pump with recirculate back to the tank. There is a fuel pressure regulator alongside the fuel pump in the tank. This allows the excess fuel to dump back into the tank.
No evrything else is stock. Everything was working fine when i got it. But now it still runs fine but i have that check engine light. I looked it up and the code is 43 (fuel system voltage)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Maybe the relay is stuck open? I would check to make sure it's not all corroded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts