YFZ Central banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 yfz450r, fuel pump quit working one day after riding a short distance to a family members house and turning it off. I got on it to leave and the fuel pump would not come on, I hauled it home and tore into it think it had to be the pump, I put a new pump in it and still nothing so I check the old pump by wiring it straight to the battery and it worked, but wouldn’t work on its own as it’s supposed to. So then I check the lean/angle sensor being told that’s what it had to be. I Vaught a new one and installed it and still nothing, back to square one. I went back into the pump and run wire out to a toggle switch for a temporary fix that has become more permanent than I ever intended lol I’m lost not as to where to go from here with that.
Then a few weeks ago I went out the start it up just to let it run for awhile and it just clicked, I boosted it and it fired right up, so I shut it off and tried again without jump box and it done the same thing just a single clicking sound, jumped it again and it fired up again. I’ve check the voltage on the battery because it’s a brand new battery and it looked good. I got under the seat later that day and crossed the solenoid over and it starts right up without a problem every time, so once again I found a temporary fix that now has become more permanent than I ever intended because I’m not sure where to go next on either problem. Anybody have any ideas or more experience then me on these efi bikes I’m all ears!! Thanks in advance guys, y’all are awesome I love this page!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts