YFZ Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
09 Yfz450R. Can i ride a full day without a fan relay i have to use that one as my fuel pump relay and i wont get another one till a week or so. If i do ride with out it, is there any risks like over heating or messing up the electrical crap somehow? Thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
The headlight relay is the same as the fuel pump. I would use that one instead.

If you continue to have problems after switching the relays you may have a faulty fuel pump.

As a side note...the fuel pump relay location is directly under the access hole for the seat latch. This puts it in a direct "splash" zone each time you wash your quad. I wrapped mine in electrical tape to try to keep it from getting wet.

·
Registered
864 Posts
just bypass both of them and itll be one less thing to go bad

·
Registered
864 Posts
No it's not bad. I've made a few harnesses with no issues and I've bin running my fuel pump constantly for 4 years now no issue same goes for the fan. You can do it with a jumper wire. Do some research

·
Registered
136 Posts
No it's not bad. I've made a few harnesses with no issues and I've bin running my fuel pump constantly for 4 years now no issue same goes for the fan. You can do it with a jumper wire. Do some research
Where are all the relays located?

·
Registered
864 Posts
2 in the front 1 in the back

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.