YFZ Central banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i dont know too much about that fuel mixture screw. What should i be doing with that. I heard a lot of u talk about it but im not sure really where it is and what to do. But it seems like this Zip-ty screw would be a good investment. What do u think. Check it out... ALBA ACTION!!!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I am running the Zip-Ty on mine and I really appreciate the ease of adjustability. I can easily adjust the mixture with the engine running which really helps.
Isaac

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But what do u suggest i do as for actually adjusting the screw?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I also have the zip-ty. It is the only way to go unless you are running totally stock. The mixture screw affects just about the whole throttle range. Do a search on jetting and you will find a thousand explainations of what this does.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I had the kouba screw on the FCR on my Z400 it was the chit!! I need to order one for my YFZ!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Originally posted by Thumper 450@Oct 2 2003, 08:48 PM
I also have the zip-ty. It is the only way to go unless you are running totally stock. The mixture screw affects just about the whole throttle range. Do a search on jetting and you will find a thousand explainations of what this does.
the mixture screw actually only affects the first 1/8th of the throttle.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Originally posted by edgerat+Oct 2 2003, 01:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (edgerat @ Oct 2 2003, 01:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Thumper 450@Oct 2 2003, 08:48 PM
I also have the zip-ty.  It is the only way to go unless you are running totally stock.  The mixture screw affects just about the whole throttle range.  Do a search on jetting and you will find a thousand explainations of what this does.
the mixture screw actually only affects the first 1/8th of the throttle. [/b][/quote]
i dont think thats right on an FCR. it is suppose to affect the entire circuit

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by cjpoole1+Oct 2 2003, 04:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cjpoole1 @ Oct 2 2003, 04:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--schwendi@Oct 2 2003, 04:45 PM
I had the kouba screw on the FCR on my Z400 it was the chit!! I need to order one for my YFZ!!
I got mine yesterday.
[/b][/quote]
from where? I want one.

·
Registered
983 Posts
although it looks like the kouba will doe the job i like the zip better since it has a knurled end and marking etched into it so is easier to know what setting it is on

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by cjpoole1+Oct 2 2003, 07:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cjpoole1 @ Oct 2 2003, 07:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--schwendi@Oct 2 2003, 04:45 PM
I got mine yesterday.
[/b][/quote]

I got it from atvcost.com along with a Power Now intake insert. I'm not real happy with the fit of the fuel screw. If its turned out more than 2 turns it is real loose and will start to turn it self out from vibration. Seems like the tolerance on the threads is not real tight. :| . I'm very pleased with the Power Now really helped the ilde to 1/2 throttle range alot. Seems to have alot less hesitation and starts a little easier.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Chuck,
mate I'd toss it, not worth the trouble it would cause if it dropped out.

Geoff.

·
Registered
107 Posts
What exactly is the power now insert? It sounds like something that would be buying. :lol

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by Aussiequadrider@Oct 5 2003, 05:06 AM
Chuck,
mate I'd toss it, not worth the trouble it would cause if it dropped out.

Geoff.
I raced a harescramble with it today and it didn't move so I think it should be ok.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts