YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys just bought my second 450r, went out and got a 2014 450r and put about 3 hours on it so far. Noticed the "common thread" on backfiring. Mine is noticeable while backing off the gas it spits/pops a lil. Any reasoning behind this on a FI bike? No loose exhaust

·
Registered
219 Posts
also, remove the AIS bet that is most of your issue. well... block it off and remove the AIS is more like it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing! Cant wait to try it with the new pipe!

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
On the AIS if you want to keep your cable holder and aluminum breather pipe buy a 2013 holder and use the stock metal gasket. Buy a little rubber cap from ace hardware for your intake boot unless your going to a FCI. If not run the gytr plate however, you will loose the above and you will have to rework the breather lines.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
The popping on decel will likely decrease with the removal/block-off of AIS, but the stalling/bog problem is one that's fixed by tuning of the fuel delivery. This tuning is only possible by way of either accessing and altering the factory ECM (usually only possible via dealership) or through the addition of an aftermarket fuel controller.

·
Registered
613 Posts
The popping on decel will likely decrease with the removal/block-off of AIS, but the stalling/bog problem is one that's fixed by tuning of the fuel delivery. This tuning is only possible by way of either accessing and altering the factory ECM (usually only possible via dealership) or through the addition of an aftermarket fuel controller.
Dealership wont do crap for you.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Fox250R, most dealerships won't. Most can't. Most of the ones that CAN help you, will blow you off because your concern doesn't get them any money. Their warranty work usually pays half of shop labor, so there's no incentive to do your tuning, as long as your machine still runs. This is where the parts department comes in-- they can help you get your machine running right with the addition of some aftermarket goodies. And, of course, you want those goodies, because they make your machine faster, lighter, and of course, cooler. This is the justification of most dealerships, and most of the people who go there for tuning. I would prefer to say that I do my own tuning, but I don't have $30K+ in disposable income for a dyno, or the desire to spend the time learning all the ins and outs of tuning every facet of all the machines I want to tune. This is why I go to a shop. It's pretty much the nature of the beast. Harsh reality.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I was only drawn to dealer here in portland cause they had a dyno. They even told that me the 14s will all have the bog because they're racing Quads! Knowing that I still let them do the dyno lol! Wth is wrong with me lol! Looking back at the way they acted towards me I don't think they had any Intention to go out of their way to try and fix the low end Hesitation..

Owell live and learn.....

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
The backfire should be gone with the addition of (and tuning of) a controller, but the bog isn´t always so easy to deal with. Hopefully the Vortex will be as great as everyone says it is. Good luck, Fox250R.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.