YFZ Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so to start i just got a 19 yfz450r not the first owner.. I myself am very new with small engines however i am a heavy truck mechanic.
So i went to get my quad from my friends house because i was to lazy to load it up in my truck the night prior since i unloaded it for him to take it for a quick ride. when i got there i took it for a quick ride up and down the road. started the quad and gave it a minute to warm up (it was 30 degrees f. ) and it warmed up in about a minute and the exhaust right by the head was literally glowing red hot. the engine was completly cold. I putted down the street thinking maybe it needed to get some air through it and kept the rpms very low. it stayed red hot. My buddy took it for a ride earlier in the day and told me it was popping on deceleration (its bone stock maybe 40 hours on it). After looking in the tailpipe and seeing it was black u can tell it was running rich.. checked the oil and it was literally filled completely very watered down and smells like gas. Clearly there is gas in my oil but how exactly?? i did recall when i loaded it in my truck i left the key on and i load it by hand so i have to stand it up on the back tires. If the key is on is the fuel pump running? would the key being on while standing the quad up cause it to flood the cylinder with gas? I pulled the spark plug when i got home and it was black so it certainly is running very rich but im just not sure why. im hoping i just made a dumb mistake by loading it with the key on and ill be ok just doing an oil change which i plan on doing regardless. just wondering if maybe anyone else has had any issues with the 2019 injectors leaking.. hopefully my assumption of the the fuel pump running with the key on is true and it just flooded from loading. any help apriciated thank you in advanced.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Even if the pump ran continuously, it wouldn't matter. The injector still has to pulse to open and inject fuel. I would pull the injector out, leave it attached to the fuel line and rail, and zip tie a plastic baggie around the tip. Cycle the key once or twice, but don't try starting. This will put pressure on the fuel system. Let it sit for awhile, see how much fuel is in the bag. It should be bone dry. If there is any fuel leaking into the bag, the injector is no good. Let us know how you make out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts