YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I bought a yfz 450r se 2020 and bought the vortex and fci as a package and the intake tube is impossible to get on its like to big around the elbow part and wont go on at all because its not straight the elbow hits the frame just enough to not let it go on straight and ideas?

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
These are a pain to install. I've done at least 10 in the past 3 years and a bunch more on my personal bike.
It never gets easier.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are a pain to install. I've done at least 10 in the past 3 years and a bunch more on my personal bike.
It never gets easier.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Really? Is there any tips or tricks do you know? Because it’s seems physically impossible to go on I feel like I have to shave the elbow part down and a little bit of the from to make it even possible lol I spent 2 hours trying all types of combinations to get it on and it just doesn’t

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok I will try thanks and also there were a couple things that connected to old air filter box now they will not connect to anything I can send pics when I get home unless you know what I’m talking about there’s a hose and then theres a little plastic box that has connectors to hold 2 hoses and use to bolt to the side of the stock air box

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so im pretty sure the intake tube doesn't fit at all the shock isn't really in the way I tried to put it on with the rubber boot and see if it played flat with the carb or whatever it is and it doesn't

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yes, it eliminates the stock black box with the hoses that you are talking about next to the stock airbox. Are you sure you got a fuel injected YFZ450R intake and not a carb YFZ450 FCI intake? I know I struggled to get mine in but not that bad.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, it eliminates the stock black box with the hoses that you are talking about next to the stock airbox. Are you sure you got a fuel injected YFZ450R intake and not a carb YFZ450 FCI intake? I know I struggled to get mine in but not that bad.
I can get it on on but it doesn’t that good in there like it bends the rubber boot is that suppose to be like that?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Breather box not air box. Search peak racing,38 motorsports,Duncan racing there’s a few different ones out there
38 motorsports said there on vacation so wont ship for 2 weeks and I cant find the product from Duncan anywhere any links for it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the same issue when I installed mine, I called Garret at FCI he said the throttle body comes slightly miss-aligned from the factory from time to time and its skewed too much toward the frame or the rear shock. I loosened the throttle body and it pulled away from the frame, and we were good to go.

Here is a link for the peak racing breather box

Also be careful that everything is aligned correctly when re-installing the sensor in the top of the intake if you force that you can snap that probe.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Also doesn't the AIS plug into the bottom of the intake not the breather box?

I assume you haven't done an AIS delete yet, and I believe that is the tube that runs along and plugs into the backside of the intake tube.

This is the 2013 cable holder that you can use as an AIS block plate

But you are going to want to do an AIS delete with the FCI intake that is what plugs in there at the bottom of the intake tube. You could just unplug the hose because your Vortex will turn it off electronically, but it's worth it to get rid of it. I'd also PM Kilroy for the plug to prevent water in the connector your AIS used to plug into.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also doesn't the AIS plug into the bottom of the intake not the breather box?

I assume you haven't done an AIS delete yet, and I believe that is the tube that runs along and plugs into the backside of the intake tube.

This is the 2013 cable holder that you can use as an AIS block plate

But you are going to want to do an AIS delete with the FCI intake that is what plugs in there at the bottom of the intake tube. You could just unplug the hose because your Vortex will turn it off electronically, but it's worth it to get rid of it. I'd also PM Kilroy for the plug to prevent water in the connector your AIS used to plug into.
yea I ordered the breather box and ais delete from 38 motorsports hes having his neighbor ship it for me so I will have that soon and about the plug I have to look into that cause I haven't heard of that but I have everything hooked up the fci, vortex and exhaust fired up right away and sounds good so far obiously haven't rode it but deffiently need to find out about that plug

1 - 20 of 25 Posts