YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, id like to know if front tires make that much of a difference in handling. ive currently got rear mxr4's 19'' and stock front tires but looking into front kendas at 20" however shipping will cost alot since i live outside US and tires are heavy so it will cost roughly 270$ including shipping and 2 front kendas. is it worth it?

i ride soft mx tracks and dunes so they will almost never wear, had my stock front tires since 04 and they are 20% of thread is worn if that.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Man, that's a lot of money for some fronts. It's kind of a tough call for you. If your perfectly happy with what you have then I don't see too much of a need to change then. I raced for a season with razr mx rears and stock fronts and I did fine but I can say that when I switched to razr mx fronts, it was a nite and day difference when it comes to handling. My quad would turn on a dime after the tire switch. I was much happier with the razr mx's than I was with stockers. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Thats around the same i payed for two of my tires from the dealer, nothing out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Sounds like you should invest in some vasoline first....

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
look around online for better prices, and check with the site sponsors, they will give you better deals if any offer tires.

but yes, new tires will handle better than stocks, although the gain might not be worth the money to you. thats for you to decide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts