YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me for sure if the front sprocket on the YFZ450 is the same as the YZ450 dirt bike? Looking for a 13 tooth sprocket and no one around here has one for the YFZ.

·
Registered
2 Posts
rockymountainatv has front sprockets, and yes, they are the same as the dirt bike...
you may want to ask for both applications tho because rmatv lists the 12 for the yfz and the 13 for a yzf but they are the same fit...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
the sprocket from the raptor, and the yzf are the same, either will work. and the 13t front made a huge diffence on mine. i can climb steep inclines in 2nd gear. i highly recomend the change to a 13tooth front sprocket to anyone wanting more revs and less stalls in the woods.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by Thumper 450@Sep 15 2003, 09:29 PM
Can anyone tell me for sure if the front sprocket on the YFZ450 is the same as the YZ450 dirt bike?  Looking for a 13 tooth sprocket and no one around here has one for the YFZ.
Yes, they are. I've got a Renthal 12 & 13. I'll bet your yami dealer has one.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Selector,
have you had a chance to try the 12 tooth and determine if the stock chain size will be an issue when just using the swing arm/axle adjusters to remove the slack?

·
Registered
28 Posts
i purchased a raptor 13t and a 15 t
the 13 works great in the tight stuff(closed course/harescrambles/woods)
the 15 is incredible for top end and wide open spaces,no rev limiter bump
it just pulls and pulls...

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by FAST1@Sep 17 2003, 11:08 AM
Selector,
have you had a chance to try the 12 tooth and determine if the stock chain size will be an issue when just using the swing arm/axle adjusters to remove the slack?
I have not, but I have so many chain configuration options, I'm not worried about it. I run (2) masters and have a bunch of filler pieces of varying numbers of links.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally posted by V-Quad@Sep 17 2003, 12:25 PM
i purchased a raptor 13t and a 15 t
the 13 works great in the tight stuff(closed course/harescrambles/woods)
the 15 is incredible for top end and wide open spaces,no rev limiter bump
it just pulls and pulls...
Does the 15 teeth fit with the stock case guard or do you have to cut ?

It must be an incredible top speed with 15 teeth and my 22" rear wheels !

·
Registered
38 Posts
yfzracer88:  The 450 seams to be geared low to start with so to fix your problem with the 18's i put the 15 thooth front sproket on and it will put it a touch higer gear ratio like stock but the motor could pull a 37 tooth in the rear but i would just put the front on and see if you like it ! i had to gring a little out of the case saver but that is simle also the stock chain will work just fine!!
from http://www.yfzcentral.com/invision/index.p...t=ST&f=8&t=1025

·
Registered
28 Posts
no limit,
the stock case saver seems to be very close with the 15t
however i pulled everything apart to check and it is not rubbing
make sure you tighten your chain to spec.
the case saver has to be set in place and aligned to the center of the chain
THEN place the sprocket cover and run your bolts in
mark
ps yes its fast and the motor will pull the heck out of it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts