YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 yfz 450 stock suspension. Bike beats u up when riding.. There is no rebound whats so ever..If i want to ride a whillie i have to really work at it. If i try to throw it up it usually just spins tire. I have messed with the shocks and im lost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
High rev

I have an 08 yfz450. Has a power bomb motoworx slip cam mod k&n wiseco stk piston a quick shot and a new clutch and springs. When im riding it feels to rev high quick. In 5th gear it needs another gear not as fast as it should (mph). Loosing power somewhere not sure if its gears or not. Sprockets are 13/38 i believe

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I would install a 14 tooth GYTR front sprocker. That should get rid of the revs high real kuik feeling assuming it has 20 inch rears. If your quad has lots of power and jetted right you can even go 14 front and 37 rear gears on the sprockets.

You running 20 inch rear tires?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Your shocks are 10 years old. What oil is left in them is probably goop. You can service them, or splurge and get a $900 set of Elka stage 3. A good shock service on the 3 shocks will run you about $250-$400.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts