YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend of mine dumped my yfz and only did minor damage. broke the front brake bracket. and bent the handlebar about an inch on the right side. he got the worst of it the bike landed on him and broke his collar bone.

anyway some of the plastic got bent and made light blue bend marks. is there anyway to darken the plastic back up?

and what is the easiest way to remove the factory graphics?

thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well I've read people using heat guns to removes the white stress marks in the plastic. I have the blue YFZ with a few stress marks and have had no such luck in removing them. I think Fullbore is the way to go as far as plastics are concerned. Their thicker and have short front fenders w/o needing the bracket.

Sounds like your "friend" pulled a smooth move on yer quad. bummer.

To remove yer graphics just get a hair dryer to soften the vinyl decals and peel em off, or like some other members of YFZ Central, just go to a car wash and pressure wash those bad boyz off!

:lol

G

·
Originally posted by Bryan_YFZ@Feb 17 2004, 11:45 AM
a friend of mine dumped my yfz and only did minor damage. broke the front brake bracket. and bent the handlebar about an inch on the right side. he got the worst of it the bike landed on him and broke his collar bone.

anyway some of the plastic got bent and made light blue bend marks. is there anyway to darken the plastic back up?

and what is the easiest way to remove the factory graphics?

thanks
DARKENING PLASTICS!- Heat gun is the key! make sure its like above 70 degrees and put a heat gun on level 3 and heater up. it takes a while but it works wonders. it also gave the plastic a new shine!. Check it to make sure you dant melt the plastic though!~ :lol

GRAPHICS!- I would try some sticker OFF that you can purchas from your local dealer! works great! :D :rock

HOPE THAT HELPED!

RAY
OHH BY THE WAY WELCOMR TO YFZ CENTRAL READ THE RULES SO YOU DONT GET THE BOOT! :nono :lol ~~BOSS MAN~~

·
Registered
55 Posts
i peeled mine off with my finger. Shouldnt need a pressure wassure to do that. I didnt at least.

·
Registered
55 Posts
*washer*

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by acedYFZ@Feb 17 2004, 07:00 PM
*washer*
they hav an edit button for that at the top right of ur post... dnt feel bad, i had to be told too :lol

·
Registered
417 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ_53+Feb 18 2004, 01:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YFZ_53 @ Feb 18 2004, 01:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--acedYFZ@Feb 17 2004, 07:00 PM
*washer*
they hav an edit button for that at the top right of ur post... dnt feel bad, i had to be told too :lol [/b][/quote]
It's funny seeing you help someone, when you can't even do it yourself. :lol

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by Crazie+Feb 17 2004, 07:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crazie @ Feb 17 2004, 07:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2004, 01:24 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--acedYFZ
@Feb 17 2004, 07:00 PM
*washer*

they hav an edit button for that at the top right of ur post... dnt feel bad, i had to be told too :lol
It's funny seeing you help someone, when you can't even do it yourself. :lol [/b][/quote]
see ur avatar? look at it.... thats me :blah

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ_53+Feb 17 2004, 06:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YFZ_53 @ Feb 17 2004, 06:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2004, 01:24 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--acedYFZ
@Feb 17 2004, 07:00 PM
*washer*

It's funny seeing you help someone, when you can't even do it yourself. :lol
see ur avatar? look at it.... thats me :blah [/b][/quote]
ooooooo thats harsh. but funny as hell :lol

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
yes a heat gun will take the stress marks away, don't put it to close or leave it in the same spot for to long, when i do it on my bike i move the gun in a circular motion

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah I hate them "stress marks". I have them on my front fenders.. :angry Like little dots from rocks hiting them from other riders that get thrown in the air. Also I need to figure out something to do with my radiator because the gaurd is broke by a rock and it hit my radiator. It did not go through by close. :(

you cant catch me... :sonic

1 - 11 of 11 Posts