YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Nice air! Your'e fortunate to have riding space where you live. Makes it alot easier to practice, and more often. Keep those pic's coming. I'm waiting too see a backflip on a quad. Anybody?

·
Registered
124 Posts
hope you got good suspension LOL

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
peterson-quick ?? for you. im going to get into freestyle, but done have any major jump here, so ive taken practice to the ground, as stupid as it sounds. on the ground, i can do no footed cans, no footers, no handers, supermans, bar hops, and half assed cliffhangers. now, im not getting very good extensions on any of them. is it easier to, lets say, throw an extended no footed can in the air? nice pics btw, looks sick

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those were pics were taken when I was still riding my R. Works shocks is all I had. Hoping to go much bigger with my Thumper!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Practicing on the ground is a good idea. That way you can get the feel for the movement. Once your comfortable in the air and have a big enough jump, then yes, it is much easier to get full extention because you have a "floating" feeling. The tricks are much more difficult in the air than they are on the ground, it's just easier to get full extension because you have more time.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Great pics man, you have some skill. Give wes a call see if he needs any more freestylers. Practicing on the ground is hard because like you said you just fall to the ground if you try to get extended. Great pics man keep them coming. You have some nuts I must say to do that.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sweet Pics man

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by seatec@Dec 18 2003, 10:41 AM
DOnt you get nose bleeds up there? :O
LMAO! Once you start jumping big you get addicted to it. Pretty soon your getting enough air to need a license for it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is a little 80 foot gap. I am landing near 100' most of the time. 25ft high or so.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Originally posted by petersonracing+Dec 18 2003, 04:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (petersonracing @ Dec 18 2003, 04:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--seatec@Dec 18 2003, 10:41 AM
DOnt you get nose bleeds up there? :O
LMAO! Once you start jumping big you get addicted to it. Pretty soon your getting enough air to need a license for it. [/b][/quote]
O I know what you mean Petersonracing! I just started going what I call big this year, started in May on a 55 foot table top that I then thought was huge, then in October I did my biggest air which was I would say anywhere from 65-70 feet maybe more. I am not sure it was at an MX track. I have yet to experience anything like the first few times you go big and get high. I can not explain it. The adrenaline pumping, it is definetly a natural high and sense of satisfaction. It is an awesome feeling. This is the biggest I have gone to date, not as big or high as you. I will agree it is an addiction. When I go a while w/o jumping and getting air I just have urges to ride and jump the tabletop in my yard which is 55 feet and get some air. No matter how many times you do a jump, the first time after you go for a jump after not having hit it in a while gives you some sort of adrenaline rush.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts