YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be interested in a full frame protector made out of plastic, I have one on my Banshee but have trouble finding one for the new YFZ450. Is it just that the YFZ is too new, or was there never any real demand for the plastic. All I see are aluminum skids.

The plastic will be lighter than aluminum but not as ridgid. But both will do their job of protecting your underside. And myself being a recreational rider, I found nothing wrong with the Banshee's plastic frame protector.

Help!

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
I am actually gonna make my own frame skid to compliment my PRM swingarm skid for my YFZ. A buddy of mine works in a gravel pit and hes able to get remnants from liners (liners for the insides of a dumptruck). They are about 1/2" thick and is very strong yet flexible enough to bend. Its tough enough to load tons of rocks with out coming apart. The stuff he has is white and would be great underneath my quad. Once I get some and get it cut I will post pics. If it works out ok then I might be able to make a few extras. maybe even A-arm skids as well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i made mine out of a street sign :nono .it is getting beat up bad but it is doing its job.anyway if it gets to bad i will just make another one !!

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I found the perfect material for this, and have already built several guards. Anyone interested can email me at [email protected]
I will post some pics here soon...

·
Registered
17 Posts
look up gtthunder.com...he gets skids made out of some plastic material that they use on the underside of forklifts. Looks like a cutting board.

·
Registered
358 Posts
you can get a carbon fiber skid, but you'll be opening your wallet pretty wide. Myself, I use the stock skids. They do their job just fine for MX and are super light, and you can pick up new ones on ebay for 5 bucks when you trash one. Maier used to make plastic skids too, but they are a little more than 5 bucks, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts