YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would be the better set-up for the 450 K&N air filter, or Pro Design foam air filter. Had a K&N air filter on 400ex, it was ok(did not like the maintence),had a uni filter on 250r(it was pretty good)

struggling with FOAM vs. PAPER

any ideas or info :|

·
Registered
773 Posts
Just oil 'em both (not too much) and you'll be fine. I've run both and don't have a preference.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Definately go with the K&N with outerwear. The K&N is ribbed so the outerwear does not stick to the filter. Excellent flow. The outerwear will catch 50 to 75% of the dirt or in the case of sand it hits it and falls off. So filter cleaning is very seldom. Foam filters suck after using K&N filters with outerwear foam filters always go in the trash. I do not even bother giving them away. If you like cleaning filters and buying filter cleaner or the smell off gas and greasy hands go with the foam. Just my $.02

·
Registered
625 Posts
Scandle,
Paper is faster,
Foam is safer.

Geoff.

·
Registered
983 Posts
so, who can come up with a comprehensive filter test and see what catches more dirt.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just so everyone knows, k&n is not paper it is actually cotton and it has lots of airflow but the foam cleans more and more restrictive so it really is a trade off in my opinion. As long as you clean the K&N often you shouldn't have any problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts