YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic may have been beat to death, but I didn't see any posts regard the FMF Ti-4 system. I run FMF's on some of my other bikes, and would like to keep up the trend, but is there a better system? How loud is the FMF? People seem to be saying HMF, cause of the power + price, but I was wondering about the FMF. Any info?

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have the titanium 4 14" w/powerbomb header on order for my YFZ and will let you know as soon as i get it. if i'm not mistaken, the 14" was listed around 115 decibals and the 16" was within ordinance for most places.........I don't remember whether that was 95 or 105db.

the FMF has about the best overall rating out of all of them from the yzf450 engine exhaust shootouts and i'm hoping it's about the same for the yfz.

I've got a ton of mods to install when it gets here so will try to run it with stock and then just that so i don't notice all of the changes at once.

going to install a zip-ty, james dean jet kit, alba airflow box kit w/ K&N filter, gyt-r clutch basket and pressure plate, fmf ti-4 w/powerbomb, pro-line kill switch and do the yz cam mod. think it should be an overall nice enhancement :rock I CAN'T WAIT.

last step will be a stage II cam, springs, 13:1 piston and having it ported.....but that will have to wait. since i'm located in the middle east that will require shutting my quad down for a month while i mail the head in and wait for it to be done and be returned....:( don't know if i can wait. maybe when i go on vacation i will send it off.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Originally posted by wildtxn@Nov 17 2003, 05:21 AM
last step will be a stage II cam, springs
do they even make after market cams for it already? i havent found any if you have a link to a place that sells the cams and springs i would appreciate it, thanks

·
Registered
503 Posts
well,

come to think of it, i haven't began shopping for the cams yet so not sure if anyone has them as of yet. still early in the game.

I imagine www.hotcamsinc.com will come out with one before long and probably the route i will take. I'm still waiting on all of my parts to
get here for all of the other upgrades first. may be early spring next year before i change the cams. I'm just going to take my head and have it ported and polished while i'm on vacation so i don't miss any riding time and add them all then. Not a ton left i will be able to do since i don't want to depend on running race fuel as it's very difficult to get where i'm at if at all. However, I do want the fastest quad on the island when i'm done so...........

B&B racing is making a 475 stroker kit for the yfz already but cost is over 2k. I will just wait and see what else comes out after christmas.

·
Registered
65 Posts
if you didnt already know the fmf came out with a new pipe for the yfz the "titanium factory 4" that is really nice beefie to say and doesnt costa whole lot.

mike :yfz

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I knew about the Factory 4, but I got the HMF instead. Sweet pipe. I'll probably get the FMF Factory 4 for my 250F, though

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think is talking about the "FMF Factory 4" exhaust system, not the "Titanium 4" system. If you fo to http://www.fmf.com , you will see it on the home page. It looks awesome, I can't wait to see some dyno results from it. I am not sure which pipe I should throw on my bike, I think I am down to the Pro Circuit Ti-4 full system, FMF Factory 4 full system, HMF or .....well I guess those are my only three choices I am looking at. Any suggestions for what pipe I should throw on????????? Thanks guys...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts