·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Nice bike!

Really dig the pipe too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
how does the pipe perform? I got the same one on my EX, and love it, and was planning to get it for the YFZ, but have heard people on this site say "don't get the FMF", so I have been holding off till I hear some more input.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by zfire_28@Jan 23 2004, 07:41 PM
how does the pipe perform? I got the same one on my EX, and love it, and was planning to get it for the YFZ, but have heard people on this site say "don't get the FMF", so I have been holding off till I hear some more input.
get the jardine it is light and very powerful

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's an awesome pipe, but I would have got the FMF Factory 4- the lowboy header included with that setup looks pretty sweet!

And speaking of extended headers... :O

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hadn't seen the lowboy header out for that one, but it doesn't look as if yours has the powerbomb piece in it which i really like.

As for performance.......I took off an GYT-R pipe to install this one and it absolutely kicks the GYT-R's w00ter all over the place. Revs harder and faster all the way through the power band. I absolutely love this pipe and wouldn't hesitate to order it again. I ordered this one before the factory 4 started showing up on the web site and still love it.

I'm waiting on the damn mail to get here so i can finish this one off. I have a complete kickstart kit and 13:1 compression piston and all three hinson racing clutch pieces on my table, but missing the big gasket. also a powdercoated blue LSR swingarm, axcalibur axle, dc-4 a-arms and tcs LT shocks, works pro-perch clutch w/decompression kit, yzcam and a few other goodies all in the mail. any day now i hope. This is seriously going to be one sick quad :rock

·
Registered
325 Posts
That pic is actually the custom GYT-R pipe on Mach 1's Heath Voss's bike. I'd be willing to bet that the performance of the Ti-4 is very similar to that of the Factory 4. That's a sweet looking pipe!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just put an FMF TI-4 with power bomb header on my YFZ and I love it. I have one on both my Raptor and 400EX. Which power bomb header did you go with? I got the super cross bend because it makes more low end.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just went with the regular one for sale on alba's web site. i don't think that one on the bike will fit the quad. look at the pic and then at the quad. i think it would hit the frame. The setup i have rocks though. it makes sweet power all the way through the powerband. I love it tons more than the gyt-r i took off!

wooohoooo.......just got word from good ole' bob. my TCS shocks are done :) another week and my mail should arrive. damn, got a lot of work to do. adding kicker, complete hinson clutch package, swingarm, shocks, axle, dc-4's, and 13:1 piston, decomp kit, yz cam and works clutch with decomp lever all in one shot. going to ROCK when done :rock :rock

1 - 12 of 12 Posts