YFZ Central banner

fmf titanium 4 pipe

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  smokinYFZ450 
#1 ·
hey has anyone gotten this pipe, ive seen it on a few bike wondering how it is for the yfz let me know

#3 ·
the pipe is awesome. i have the stainless powerbomb and mid pipe with anodized 14" canister and the thing rocks. the loudest quad i have ever heard though. i used the jd jet kit 168 main 45 pilot red needle # 4 from top and a white bros filter. I live in cincinnati oh and this combo is killer

#5 ·
I installed mine tonight and took the GYT-R pipe off! i'm running a 170main jd red needle on the 4th clip with k&n filter um setup. i also have the 14" anodized can with the stainless powerbomb and mid pipe setup. This thing revs hard all the way through the power band rather than just mid and top like the gyt-r. it is louder than hell. i think 109db if i remember right. it by far smokes the performance of the gyt-r pipe. plus it fits better, looks better and i love the sound better. to top it off, i got to put my ac racing wide grab bar back on since it DOESN'T work with the GYT-R.

oh yea, i measured and it looks like the FMF will work for the kicker too :)

#7 ·
I personally don't think the 450 has alot of low end but it definitly gained some with the titanium 4 and powerbomb and he is right this think revs like no other but is definitly not legal for anyones ears. I love loud things besides open headers at the strip but this thing is the loudest exhaust i have ever heard. mid to top end power just pulls and pulls. My friend just put on hmf s full system and we both don't have the cam mod but we haven't raced yet. to much snow here. But to predict the race i think he will win some and i will win some. That's my overall impression of pipes on four strokes. They are not like two stroke pipes. If i was you i would seriously buy the pipe you feel is the best (quality, sound, and craftsmanship) also think about pipes that you can add spark arrestors which is almost all of them know but that is important. The older you get the more you think about smart buys not fast buys. Hope my weird knowledge helped you in some way

Ben
Cincinnati

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.