YFZ Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone made a flywheel holding tool, i have to remove my flywheel tomorrow to re fit my starter clutch and hate having to remove the other side cover and putting some metal in to jam the gears, i have a spare flywheel to work with, what im going to do tomorrow is get a wrench, its about 30mm, cut the handle off, get a bit of metal about an inch long and mig weld it on to the head of the spanner, at a 90 degree angle, to space it out of the flywheel, then mig weld a longish handle on to to this, should work but will update tomorrow, just need to weld it good enough to take the strain when you torque the nut down
sam

·
Registered
369 Posts
to remove the nut u can just use a impact wrench, and hold it with your hand. If you don't have a impact, you can buy a chain strap wrench from a local autoparts store that you can use to uninstall and install with, just wrap with a rag to keep from gouging the flywheel.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they are both good ideas but this wont cost me any thing, just the hour of my time to make it, i have changed it a bit, its just going to be the head of the spanner with an old socket welded onto it, this way i can just putn a half inch bar on there. will hold on the 2 flat spots on the inside of the flywheel

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Be sure to take a picture of your contraption flywheel holding thing

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i made it today, took about 30 mins max, didnt cost me anything, just used some old tools i never use. the welding is abit bad as i have added loads to keep it strong, it worked perfectly today, best tool i have at the moment, just put it on the centre of the flywheel, put a bar on it, turn the engine over so the bar rests on the nerf bar and undo and torque the centre nut up, simple
pics to follow
sam

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Would it work for the quads with no nerfs?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes just hod the bar with your hand
pics as promised, looks rough but does the job

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Interesting stuff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts