YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I finally got my motor back and, I was going through it to make sure everything is right (Lets just say, I'm glad I did). I was assembling the stator side gear set and noticed that the flywheel starter gear, which sits behind the flywheel, can slide back and forth about 1/4".

I looked through my service manual to see if there was a washer that was forgotten and, from what I can tell, everything was assembled correctly. The thing that worries me is when the starter gear is slide all the way back (towards the engine case) it touches the bolt heads that secures the timing chain slider.

When the motor is spinning does centrifical forces push the starter gear towards the flywheel?

What am I missing?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing that could have been install backwards is the gear itself but, then the shank of the gear wouldn't contact the one way bearing and, it would then just spin freely in there. So, according to the manual, everything appears to be assembled correctly and, everything is functional.

I just simply noticed this. However, I was playing with it and, I realized that when the motor is running, the gear doesn't spin with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts