YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to glamis for the first time this weekend and got my cherry popped :lol all I can say is wow, I'm a desert rider and that was a whole new experiance for me, the dunes have a little bit of love for every rider, super smooth, awsome jumps, drags, hills and trails. I have a question for all you dune riders? do I need to do anything special to my bike after a dune trip, I dont want that sand to tear any thing up?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Hey man...thats awesome....did u win any drags? How was the ol YFZ running out there compared to other quads?... :yfz

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Dude,

I’ve been to Glamis several times and can’t get enough of the place, in fact going there for a whole week for Thanksgiving. That’s a trip you have to make at least once in your life time, the place get very busy but you get to see the most awesome machines on wheels during that weekend. As far as taking care of your quad after riding there, I usually just hose it down, wash the plastic with some car wash stuff, rinse it and dry with towel. Before you go riding again I recommend you lube the chain and that’s it. Good luck and may be I’ll see you in Glamis of these days.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i was out there 2 weeks ago, was supposed to go this past weekend but didnt want to ride in that HEAT, your a brave man! anyway just give your filter a good cleanning and you'll be set. the YFZ is a dune loving machine, how many quads did you spank at Olds? :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice guys...... Yes it was hotter than hell out there but we just hung out in the motor home during the peak temp and went riding in the morning and evening. I only raced 1 guy, some clown on a raptor, my bike is bone stock as far as engine goes and I had him by 3 bike lengths by the half way point, he just stoped and turned around I guess cause when I got to the top he was knowhere to be found, maybe I blew him right off the hill :lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts