YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode the YFZ for the first time today. Too F-N Cool!

Suspension rocks, engine is awesome but left me with a few questions.

It seems a little flat off idle (Kinda wanted to rev it and slip clutch to get going) Also from about 2500RPM in first gear it falls off when throttled. (trying to wheelie it)
Is this a jetting / accelerator pump problem or just get used to the cam?

Also at first it revved quite high but after a while it seemed to cut out at mid to high revs. I got it hot riding slow in second gear following my son around, could that have something to do with it. It did improve after it sat for a while.

I am going out again tomorrow so any ideas will help.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input.

It had that lovely "Headpipe Glow" when I ran it the other night, so there is no doubt it is running lean.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Head pipe glow is perfectly normal, it will still do that even after you jet it. Mine wasn't too responsive in the low end when it was new either. Take out the spark arrestor, that will make a huge difference and as it gets broken in, it will get stronger.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a question i am 14 and own 50 acres of land perfect for riding in maui and have raced gokarts for like 5 years. I Want a quad that will last me a while would a YFZ450 be to much or do you think it would be ok remember i want it too last a while any suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts