YFZ Central banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bone stock machine with a Vortex ECU. Gets oil changed regularly to the point where it never comes out dirty. Started it up last weekend, warmed it up, rode for 3 minutes or so, shut it down, and it sounded like rocks spinning around inside the engine when I tried to start it back up. Flywheel, starter clutch, stator, all smoked now. $541 parts bill. No signs leading up to this. Sucks big time but nothing you can do except open up the wallet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Common yfz450r problem. Lock tite the bolts when you install them. Clean with brake clean really well

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Hey rider u talking about the 5 bolts that screw where the coils are at? The 5 screws backed out from the 5 holes where the copper coils are at? Those screwz?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
When this happens can the case break too?

·
Registered
730 Posts
I think it's 6 screws and they are the stator screws. No, it is not likely to break the cases.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
These allen head bolts??

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Common yfz450r problem. Lock tite the bolts when you install them. Clean with brake clean really well

Considering that the bolts, flywheel, and starter clutch will be brand new, that shouldn't be very hard to do. I always loctite them. Usually I'm doing this job on the KFX & LTZ400's. Even a few Honda's. This is my first YFZ replacement though.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Considering that the bolts, flywheel, and starter clutch will be brand new, that shouldn't be very hard to do. I always loctite them. Usually I'm doing this job on the KFX & LTZ400's. Even a few Honda's. This is my first YFZ replacement though.

This and the exploding clutch. Dont know why it keeps happening. But haven't seen one in a while.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts