YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got myself a 2000 banshee. Can be done with that money pit of a yfz that I had. One problem after the next. Hopefully this banshee treats me better.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
I got myself a 2000 banshee. Can be done with that money pit of a yfz that I had. One problem after the next. Hopefully this banshee treats me better.
Usually its the other way around. Both are good bikes if taken care of and maintained often.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
I loved the banshee and would own one for the sand or drags if i had space. Just never been as comfortable, reliable,or as cheap to maintain for myself. Every YFZ I have owned has seen more hours of ride time then i can count. Where the banshee and most of the 2 strokes thru the years required regular attention and needed more frequent rebuilding. Again, my own experience but i was averaging maybe 300 hrs of riding a year

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Like 12 years ago I was racing my banshee and old yfz and the banshee would hold up to a lot more abuse long term motor wise

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not a bad deal I got it for 1900 it has brand new plastics. The only bad part is all these cheesy skulls all over it. It has a skull cut h cover skull tail light skull graphics. It reminds me of those spinner hubcaps from way back.
I ordered nerf bars and new tires for it among a few other little things that need to be taken care of but it starts first kick and idles great.
I never been a fan of the four strokes since they became popular but I rode the wave like everyone else.
Time to get back to my roots. 2 stroke > 4 stroke. And I promise next time I post a picture there will not be one skull on this quad.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Sucks. I got rid of most of my banshee stock. I have a few rare expensive parts floating around and a bunch of misc hardware. Let me know if you need anything.
Banshee was life back in the day

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
310 Posts
Congratulations! Personally, I feel that life is best lived when you have both. When you're outta premix, hop on the 450. If your battery is dead, kick over the banshee. Not sure how anyone can hear, feel, and smell a well tuned banshee, and not get excited.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
The banshee is and probably will forever be the most highly regarded quad ever built. There's always stories of friends or family that had one that was so fast, all quads speed is based on if they beat a banshee, the sound is unmistakable with out ever seeing it, they are recognizable from far away, and they really are just so fast and fun.
I will forever have a soft spot for my banshee, but the 450 is every thing I want. Just not as fast or violent. So for that I will keep the banshee.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I kept my yfz it’s just in pieces I’ll get it back together before the spring. I love this banshee right now it reminds me of every quad I wish I had when I was 12 years old.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts