YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m about to install my fci with no box on my 450r. Has anyone reused the stock breather box somehow? Or just deleted it without losing oil? I don’t like the ltr setup.

·
Registered
333 Posts
So I’m about to install my fci with no box on my 450r. Has anyone reused the stock breather box somehow? Or just deleted it without losing oil? I don’t like the ltr setup.
Either get a Peak Racing breather box kit, or the 38 Motorsports version, that will relocate the breather box to the front and eliminate the stock setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it okay to just zip tie or mount the stock one in place in the meantime? I have read a few guys are running it like that

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t see any reason to buy a aftermarket setup if the stock one is still usable if I can mount it somewhere

·
Registered
333 Posts
You probably could zip tie it somewhere but if you go up and down a lot of inclines it may spill oil out on the bike. Not to mention it's going to look terrible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don’t know about ordering from Peak. Everything I’m seeing is that they are terrible about shipping out, but have great products

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
An aftermarket box is the cleanest method but I have relocated the stock box before and have even run without a box with long hoses. Never had a problem with either way and they all lasted years without problems. This was before boxes existed and when the 38 motorsports box came out it's what I have used ever since.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome thanks for the info. I think I’m going to relocate the stock box for now. Maybe do the Tmod if guys are having good luck going that route

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I have the 38 motorsports box and can say Keaton has great customer service even gives out his cell phone number and will text you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts