YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else yfz450x/r's get extremely hot?! Road all last weekend and got a blister on my leg from it being NEXT to the header! I have Engine Ice in my quad, and the fan rarely turns on. Does wiring the fan to a switch help this?

·
Registered
556 Posts
My R does get kind of hot but the fan rarely comes on only when I climb Rocky trails where i rev it a lot in a low gear . Never felt the need for a fan switch.

·
Registered
456 Posts
These machines get hot, do you wear riding boots? Before i got a pair I was burning my leg/pants up all the time. Your machine may be fine, it could just be user error as in my case was a while back...

·
Registered
864 Posts
im sure this person wears jeans when he rides.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im sure this person wears jeans when he rides.
i just wear jeans and work boots, i ride woods with my friends on my spare time and have girls on the back sometimes so always felt wearing my riding boots was a pain in the ass. Was justing if anyone ran one. I had one on my KFX450 and it kept it a lot cooler and never had a problem just wearing jeans

·
Registered
864 Posts
ride faster and tell your girls to hold on tighter. they might scream a bit more but its for the right reasons :p

·
Registered
456 Posts
i just wear jeans and work boots, i ride woods with my friends on my spare time and have girls on the back sometimes so always felt wearing my riding boots was a pain in the ass. Was justing if anyone ran one. I had one on my KFX450 and it kept it a lot cooler and never had a problem just wearing jeans
People do, they may not pop up here and say so, but I have certainly heard of others wiring a switch in. My dad also has a kfx and his runs cooler than my yfz for sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ride faster and tell your girls to hold on tighter. they might scream a bit more but its for the right reasons :p
:lol yeah there are times they get scared and hold on for life! thanks guys i was just asking opinions and seeing what people say. Might be a dumb question, but after i get my slip on will it let it run any cooler since it'll be able to breath a little better??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.