YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So' it's not really a "Frankenstein" but more of a merger between different parts from different bikes (all YFZ450's).

Recently bought three non runners with a load of spares and going to build at least two out of the three for now.

Hope everyone will have some constructive input as I go along.

So on to the donors :

Bike 1 : '07 YFZ 450 SE

Couple of extras on it and still in a very good condition.

This will be the bike I'll build for myself.

Bike 2 :

Not much info available on this donor. They seemed to be busy with rebuilding the motor as there was new gaskets etc in it.

Bike 3 : '06 YFZ 450

Bike seemed in a good condition. According to the owner they bought it as "heat seased" . Upon opening the motor there was no piston. Conrod bent and stuffed the crank as well as took a huge chunk out of the barrel. Not happy about this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So last night I decided to go through all the parts I have. Boxes full...

Cleaned them up nicely and sorted them out :lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, there's enough spares to probably build two complete motors.

My first issue is the heads. I have three. Bike 3's motor seemed to have bent at least 1 valve. But otherwise the head is standard. The other two heads have had some work done to them :

Head 1 :

The standard head.

Head 2 :

I'll call this the mild head. Work wasn't done too agressively (I think) and exhaust side is still standard.

Head 3 :

I'll call this one the Hot Head. Seems to have been aggressively worked on and exhaust side is done in the same manner.

So guys, give me some indication as to which head should I use for Bike 1 (my bike). The goal of the bike is to :

1. Have something reliable
2. Have something unique and powerfull

So I'm aiming for the perfect balance between performance and reliability.

Next we'll look at the cams and cranks :clap

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
According to the previous owner its lonestar a-arms

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.