YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 2017. Barely ridden in the last year and a half since our local trail ride place shut down. The clutch basket exploded and literally took out everything inside the case as well as cracking the case itself. I went to the local Yamaha dealership and even though it’s out of warranty, I was told that I have a 95% chance of Yamaha covering it since it is a well known problem. The dealership told me that they have done 3 of these this month alone but mine is the worst they’ve seen. Like WTF????

So anyway what suggestions does anyone have for an aftermarket basket-Hinson???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Same happened to mine although not as bad as yours. I swapped to a Hinson basket but had the three bolts on the backside welded in place so that they don't back out. Have to be careful with these clutches.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Yamaha bragging about the A&S clutch kind of like samsung and the NOTE 7 failure. They need to issue a recall frieken thieves.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Barnett/Wiseco basket set-up here. Jury still out...

Edit: holy smokes, just saw photos. Sorry this happened to you. I took SilsbySilverado's advice and changed mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is a 2017. Barely ridden in the last year and a half since our local trail ride place shut down. The clutch basket exploded and literally took out everything inside the case as well as cracking the case itself. I went to the local Yamaha dealership and even though it’s out of warranty, I was told that I have a 95% chance of Yamaha covering it since it is a well known problem. The dealership told me that they have done 3 of these this month alone but mine is the worst they’ve seen. Like WTF????

So anyway what suggestions does anyone have for an aftermarket basket-Hinson???
Same thing just happen to my 17 450!!! Luckily not the casing juu if st exploded

1 - 8 of 8 Posts