YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I have read all posts on exhausts, but there is not a clear cut favorite or one that simply puts out more power than the other. I would also like for some you to recomend any air filter set ups that any of you have had luck with. I just bought my 450 is past weekend, and am getting ready to add some more power before my trip to Glamis for New Years weekend!! I took it down there for Thanksgiving Weekend and was pleased, but want a little more power!!! SO....any and all suggetions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys, looking forward to hearing from you all!!!!! :rock

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
i have had nothing but happy customers with those who have purchased a Curtis Sparks exhaust from us for the YFZ.

they are $449

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
Complete Thunder Alley w/o ceramic coating $350.00 plus shipping. I'll bet he'll make a slip-on too. I just haven't asked.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The guys at Sandtech said the LRD is making the most HP on the DYNO, I'm going with that pipe and will let everybody know what the HP numbers are after the Dyno session.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by Undertow@Dec 5 2003, 09:37 PM
The guys at Sandtech said the LRD is making the most HP on the DYNO, I'm going with that pipe and will let everybody know what the HP numbers are after the Dyno session.
I heard the same thing a couple of months ago, but I dunno.

By the way where are you from? You are talking about SandTech in Las Vegas right?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump@Dec 7 2003, 08:42 AM

I heard the same thing a couple of months ago, but I dunno.

By the way where are you from? You are talking about SandTech in Las Vegas right?
Yeah, they've still got her to. "Should" be able to pice her up in the morning.

·
Registered
34 Posts
LRD sucks, i saw them at the Dirt Riot they were for sale, they only made like6 hp and that was the full system. they look good but suck end of story.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Originally posted by selector@Dec 5 2003, 05:56 AM
Complete Thunder Alley w/o ceramic coating $350.00 plus shipping. I'll bet he'll make a slip-on too. I just haven't asked.
Yes he will make a slip on for it. He origionaly thought that the stock pipe is adquate so he was just going to make slip-ons untill he got a higher demand for a head pipe to. The slip-on is $250 plus shipping.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Originally posted by SandMan@Dec 18 2003, 05:44 AM
LRD sucks, i saw them at the Dirt Riot they were for sale, they only made like6 hp and that was the full system. they look good but suck end of story.
Have you riden a YFZ with a LRD pipe on it? Didn't think so. So until you can back up your "sucky" theory's, dont talk k? Good.

Besides, dyno's dont mean anything unless every bike is run on the SAME dyno in the same conditions. To much that can make numbers high or low.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Originally posted by nextasex@Dec 17 2003, 11:00 PM
DUDES, what about the HMF. I just installed mine and rejetted, 48 and 180 and the bike performed night and day!!

Frank
DId you change your air intake to run that 48/180 jet set-up?

·
Registered
96 Posts
if you are going to be doing a lot of riding at glamis or anywhere else in california keep in mind the 96dB sound limit when choosing your pipe. pipe choice is also dependent on what kind or riding you do. the pipe that makes the most power is not necessarily the best pipe for you. where the pipe make power is important also. a drag racer or hill climber may want top end power but a duner or trail rider may appreciate more low and mid-range power. for those purposes a pipe that puts out a broad spread of power may be more ridable-ie the gyt-r or yoshimura. examine your needs not the needs of someone else in choosing your pipe.

·
Registered
96 Posts
jjr450 you might also consider a simple gearing change if you are duning. even with a pipe and k&n filter i found that with paddle tires in soft sand i wanted more power. duning at moderate speeds with the stock gearing the yfz was mainly a 3 speed quad. i could ride all day in 3rd gear but a shift to 4th would take me out of the power band. by changing to a 13T front 39T rear (3.00:1) i can now use all 5 speeds giving me much more choice and control. i may have give up top speed but i'm not interested in drag racing or running olds hill all day. just another option to consider.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I dune mine in 4th and sometimes 5th with the 14T front and 3rd and 4th with the 15T front.

I don't see how I would ever stay off the rev limiter or keep the front tires on the ground with a 13T front :O

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well thanks for all the help guys. Hey "quadfatherbob", what do you think of the complete GYT-R full system? What about the Yoshi? I know there is a pretty big price difference betwen the two. Is the any difference in performance. I pretty much just like to ride aroung doing some general duning, I might race up the hill, or drag race a few times, but not all day. Well...any respones will be greatly appreciated. Thanks All....................... :rock

1 - 20 of 20 Posts