YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came back from Glamis to find that both the nut and hex bolt which attaches the header flange to the cylinder worked themselves loose and off. I have an electronic copy of the service manual which I thought would have had the sizes of the nut/bolt, but it only has torque specs.

Does anyone know the correct size of the nut & hex bolt? Local dealership wants $3.50 for the bolt and $1.00 for the nut, not a great amount of money - but it's the principal of the thing!! I don't want to pay $5 for something I can buy at a home depot for about $ .15

I believe the nut is a simple 12mm nut, and if I remember correctly, the allen head bolt is a 6mm head bolt - but does anyone know the length of the bolt or the thread pitch (fine or thick threads)?

Any help would be appreciated. :what :what

Thanks in advance........

·
Registered
27 Posts
sorry, i can't tell you the size/tread pitch right now...
but i was wondering about your yoshi (trs?)...
i want to step up but i'm little concerned over the dba...
how much loader is it from the stock?

thanks...

ps... do not use the nuts and bolts from your local home improvement centers... go to napa or other automobile related parts store... not all nuts and bolts are made equally... get grade 8

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Yoshi Ti system, and dbs are very good - I believe they meet the 96 dbs limit which will soon be in effect. In two tests I've read in dirtwheels, the Yoshi pipe was both 2nd top power maker and 3rd top power maker, but in both tests it was also the 2nd most quiet. It has a great sounding growl, and will make some noise, but its quiet enough you can listen to it all day. I'd recommend it to anyone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts