YFZ Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the hmf section also.... I need some help choosing a pipe...

-Big gun sound f'ing loud and feels good (my buddy has it on his bike) I like that you can use the heat shield on it and I like that the midpipe stays cool to touch even while running due to the ceramic coating in and out. looks leave something to be desired.

-Sparks -Everyone raves about them sound and performance never felt one but looks leave something to be desired

-Yoshimura- Buddy has one and supposed to outperform most...Love the look...don't know about coating or performance on 4 strokes.

FMF- Look good don't know much about them.

HMF- my opinion this is the best looking (powder coat) .what is the coating if any?
Can I use the heat shield on it? how loud is it DB? can anyone tell me how the sound / feel of HMF compare to big gun?

So as i stand the 2 main pipes im considering are HMF and Yoshimura but need more info on them like HP,Sound DB rating,coating,heat sheild,$$$. 3rd choice would be big gun due to coating and sound.
N E help would be appreciated.... 8)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Let me just say that if looks are going to factor in a big way you probably should just go with what you like the looks of. What kind of riding are you going to be doing? If you are MX'ing and woods riding I would say go with the TC pipe and get the spark arrester, that will give you the most bottom to mid power you could ask for. If you want to TT and ride in the dunes i would go with the Sparks, Baldwin, or HMF exhaust. Those are your options but I would make asthetics the last thing on my list when I was looking at a pipe.
Isaac

·
Registered
453 Posts
personally i like yoshie's but iv'e only tried white bros e-series and their r-4 and a dg and yoshi on a z 400 and i wont buy n e thing else than a yoshi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts