YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new blue yfz 450 tonight and im excited as hell. I used to have very fast LT250r and im real pumped to be back in the game. Everyone has probably heard this question a thousand times but bear with me. I need to know which exhaust system to buy. I will be almost 100 percent woods and trail riding. Also i dont want to pay 800 bucks for a full system. what is the best exhaust for my new rocket?? thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have been shopping for one to i think i am going to go with dmc. it gives it 9.9 peak hp with out rejetting our anything. thats the most increase that i have seen out of all the pipes. all the other pipes hp numbers our with something else add to it like rejetting, K&N, and came mods.

·
Registered
358 Posts
No matter what pipe you get you are going to have to rejet. Even in bone stock form the bike is too lean. And I wouldnt believe the 9.9 hp increase, that dyno sheet was put out by DMC, so of course they are gonna make it look like it makes huge gains with no jetting.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I second JDB. There is NO way a 9.9 HP gain without a rejet....it's just not physically possible to make 45-50 HP with the stock jets. It's like saying you have a mustang that makes 500 RWHP on the stock injectors.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by YFZRob@Feb 27 2004, 07:00 AM
I second JDB. There is NO way a 9.9 HP gain without a rejet....it's just not physically possible to make 45-50 HP with the stock jets. It's like saying you have a mustang that makes 500 RWHP on the stock injectors.
:stupid im goin with the Thunder Alley. It is 429 shipped with a chrome ceramic coating

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
i dunno how much it actually puts out but i know the low end is the best out the midrange is probly the same as the ESR, but on top the ESR puts out a few more ponies.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i willl receive my curtis spark very soon and lots of people said that this pipe win in alot of pipe contest. with the jet,and cam mod and fuul exhaust system without air box lid , your sleeping yfz will be very close to a mighty 50 hp wich is for me, very cool!!
so dont be shy to take a closer look at cutis spark for your yfz man

1 - 8 of 8 Posts