YFZ Central banner

Exhaust glows red when running?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Radlad2 
#1 ·
What would cause my exhaust to glow red? I got full fmf exhaust and I believe a k and n filter is my jetting probably wrong and what can I do to fix it? Any suggestions on jetting I am about 1,000 fr above sea level any help appreciated!!

#2 ·
It depends on a lot of things. When did it glow red? Did you leave it idling and sitting for 10 min when it did it? Could be you are running lean but these quads need to keep moving to stay cool.

#3 ·
I noticed it running super hot like hot enough that it about scorched my leg then looked and in the day could easily see it was glowing red just out of the head were the turn is....I just don’t wanna run to hot and blow the head gasket now the bike is said to have stage 2 hot cams but haven’t confirmed this and assuming the only way to do so is to take the valve cover off and haven’t done it yet...I know the head gasket good now because there no coolant in the oil or vise Versa and I just topped the coolant off and it’s still full when I checked it I just didn’t know how healthy it was for it to run that hot I had a 400 ex and I never remember it running that hot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.