YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I am interested in purchasing an exhaust for my YFZ450R - 2014,
and I am still not sure what's better, the Yoshimora RS-2 Aluminium Full System or the GYTR Full System.
I've understood that the GYTR is created by DRD (Dubach Racing) and I have read that Yoshimora's exhausts has higher quality than the DRD's.
What do you think? And what would you pick / recommend on? Which one has better performance & quality & who defects the engine more and etc.

Thanks you very much,
Shahar.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yosh is what I went also....

Keep I mind the yosh comes with the quiet core with it...so if you need quiet...you can without buying anything else on top of the exhaust. Ken at KB has STELLAR pricing too. The entire system for $389.00.....hard to go wrong there!!

M

2014 YFF450R
AIS block off w/ 2013 bracket
Yosh RS-2 Exhaust
Vortex X10 ECU
GYTR full skids, arms, Swing Arm Guard, Bumper

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, So I can understand that you recommend on the Yoshimora..
When talking about the quality of the Exhaust and the affects on the Engine, which one do you recommended?
Thank you very much, and Have a great week!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Gytr=junk
Yosh good
Fmf good
Bakers good
Monster good
I run the Fmf 4.1 no regrets
Im planning on the 4.1 as well. Always ran yoshi on my Kawi KFXs and FMF on my KXs. Any bog issues with the MSD? What map are you running?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im planning on the 4.1 as well. Always ran yoshi on my Kawi KFXs and FMF on my KXs. Any bog issues with the MSD? What map are you running?
Hey, According to what I have understood the MSD's solve these bogs and I'm currently planning on purchasing the Vortex to solve the bogs. And I'm still not sure about picking Yoshimora or GYTR

·
Registered
66 Posts
I love my 4.1 have 6 months on it now with no issues all rivits are still tight nothing has worked loose and the power is as good as the rest no doubt.
I no longer run the msd if you have a 14 model it will not eliminate the bog peorid.
I guess I had spent 700$ on dyno tuning time we got it better but never eliminated the bog or eliminated the the stalling completely
To fix the bog I bought a cdi/efi computer off here for 40$ off a 09/13 model that coupled with any controller on the market will fix the bog
Even the cheapo controllers will work fine my bro runs one with this set up and a hmf optimized and it runs great
I now Run pcv and it runs great on the old cdi

·
Registered
508 Posts
I love my 4.1 have 6 months on it now with no issues all rivits are still tight nothing has worked loose and the power is as good as the rest no doubt.
I no longer run the msd if you have a 14 model it will not eliminate the bog peorid.
I guess I had spent 700$ on dyno tuning time we got it better but never eliminated the bog or eliminated the the stalling completely
To fix the bog I bought a cdi/efi computer off here for 40$ off a 09/13 model that coupled with any controller on the market will fix the bog
Even the cheapo controllers will work fine my bro runs one with this set up and a hmf optimized and it runs great
I now Run pcv and it runs great on the old cdi

Yep that's why I listed my 4 week old power commander V on ebay...went to the ECU. Funny how I ordered my ECU and now I see this where you can run a power commander by running a different ECU bummer.

Well I guess someone will get a good deal on a mint flawless Power commander with Fuel and Ignition control :disgust

·
Registered
66 Posts
The only real fix for these 14 models are #1 a vortex they already have 09/13 timing maps in them or a 09/13 ecu.
Nothing else we have done has eliminated the stalling or hesitation some have made it better but none has fixed it
Even with a 09/13 ecu you will need a controller to run pipe filter etc etc .

·
Registered
508 Posts
Paid 330.00 for the power commander will do $200 for it. That's a 130 off and it's mint and was run 5 times..never seen water. The unit is flawless and less then a month old now. It's the newer more expensive unit that does fuel and ignition...not just fuel.

M

The stickers, cables and velco etc are all brand new never used ...Someone was to look at it...you cannot even tell it's ever been used...and or anything that comes with it...it's all in absolute MINT condition.

765-587-8174 if you want a text picture

Reactions: Justincoty327

·
Registered
508 Posts
Sorry it sold Friday.

·
Registered
508 Posts
The auto tune is great ...used it for years. Most people always assume they have to get it tuned...so it's cheaper then having it tune itself. The main thing ...start with a map that is close...and then the auto do it's deal. Personally I think the biggest hold up on a quad vs sport bike world ...is most have to have the bung welded in and that usually is the killing point. Most don't have the skill or a shop that can install it properly.

M

Reactions: Nolifesigns

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The only real fix for these 14 models are #1 a vortex they already have 09/13 timing maps in them or a 09/13 ecu.
Nothing else we have done has eliminated the stalling or hesitation some have made it better but none has fixed it
Even with a 09/13 ecu you will need a controller to run pipe filter etc etc .
I've been running a custom tune on an MSD for a while and yes sometimes there's a slight bog and sometimes it idles accelerated but yea I've been riding like that its not that much of a problem. on the other hand I'm not jumping 10ft in the air.

i just think the vortex is too expensive thats why i haven't bought it. now i doubt running an msd and not a vortex is doing any damage to my engine

·
Registered
679 Posts
I've been running a custom tune on an MSD for a while and yes sometimes there's a slight bog and sometimes it idles accelerated but yea I've been riding like that its not that much of a problem. on the other hand I'm not jumping 10ft in the air.

i just think the vortex is too expensive thats why i haven't bought it. now i doubt running an msd and not a vortex is doing any damage to my engine
Browse around and grab a 09/13 ecu like 50$ . And leave the msd as is and itl be perfect

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.