YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys. i have a 04 yfz and i want to change the stock exhaust. im looking for something thats very loud and that will give me a good power gain. i was recommended the motoworks sr4. what do you guys think of this exhaust? pros, cons? also will it make a big difference if i do the full exhaust? or is it pretty much the same thing if i do the slip on? thanks

·
Registered
550 Posts
OMG HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!! bro it depends on the bike what it has and the type of riding ur doing.
nmotion is a top pipe no matter what ur doing!!
check the stickied topics on the top of the forums gives u dyno numbers etc.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the bike is completely stock. i just use it in the desert mostly to play around. i dont race or anything like that.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Its hard to beat the stock header, a slip on will suit you nicely. I've had a Motoworks and it was decent but they dont hold packing very well, the header absolutely sucks, and it didnt have the bottom end power i was looking for. I've ran a GYTR slip on on my race quad since the day i got it and the only thing i've done to it is cut the can when it got dented bad. It's 10 inches long and has insane power and i run the stock header with the lip dremeled out where it goes into the head. Go with a GYTR, Curtis Sparks Big Core full system, Jardine, or Nmotion. You wont be disappointed. And actually HMF makes a hell of a pipe too for the price.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i would go with the full HMF exhaust i got it and its so far the nicest pipe i have dealt with

·
Registered
950 Posts
In the words of the 4-stroke tech Mickey Dunlop "Throughout all of the top brand exhaust manufacterers the increase in power doesn't differ by a massive amount, but on a fully built machine the exhaust can mean everything". Just thought i'd throw that out they're. :mhihi:

·
Registered
550 Posts
QUOTE (Yammy450 ..♪ @ Feb 21 2009, 01:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749103
In the words of the 4-stroke tech Mickey Dunlop "Throughout all of the top brand exhaust manufacterers the increase in power doesn't differ by a massive amount, but on a fully built machine the exhaust can mean everything". Just thought i'd throw that out they're. :mhihi:[/b]
lol EXACTLY!!!!
WITH A STOCK RIDE THE DIFFERENCE IS GOING 2 BE IN UR POCKET!!!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
i agree, although aftermarket headers might be a little better, there not good enough to whip out the extra dough for, unless youre a millionaire. if you want it loud, i would go with Curtis Sparks, or DMC.

·
Registered
550 Posts
well i might have a DR.D header for sale prob. looking for like $150 shipped

·
Registered
614 Posts
QUOTE (cubanaso @ Feb 21 2009, 04:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749114
lol EXACTLY!!!!
WITH A STOCK RIDE THE DIFFERENCE IS GOING 2 BE IN UR POCKET!!![/b]
People like you dont need say a word if you dont know what the hell your talking about. Putting a pipe on and rejetting will uncork about 5-8 HP. You can definately tell the gain.

·
Registered
550 Posts
QUOTE (Unlukky @ Feb 21 2009, 02:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749119
People like you dont need say a word if you dont know what the hell your talking about. Putting a pipe on and rejetting will uncork about 5-8 HP. You can definately tell the gain.[/b]
my bad bro i guess u misunderstood me i meant the difference between the aftermarket exhausts

·
Registered
550 Posts
its cool bro!!!!
if someone said what u thought i did, i woulda jumped them 2 LOL!!!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
for the price of an HMF pipe i would go with the venom.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I would say a slip on would be fine and a header doesnt help that much but the problem is that the top pipes dont offer a slip on like curtis sparks, JSR(nmotion), and dasa

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok so im leaning more towards the curtis sparks x-6 full system. i just want to see what your guys opinion is on this exhaust. like i said, i mostly use it in the desert. and i also want it to be really loud.

·
Registered
550 Posts
u want loud, get a drag pipe ron woods is pritty good and i thinkthey are only like $300

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have a gytr pipe and header its loud enough about 101 -104 db just make sure you get the new edition one because on the one like mine the older one the clamps are bolted and they susk and on the new ones they are welded alot better pluse its stuff made by blue so you know its going to be good just a little pricey

1 - 20 of 20 Posts