YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everbody need's a.......

Tig/heliarc , mig, tubing notcher. Tool's tool's tool's arrr, arrr, arrr!!

Made a bumper for my scoot today-thought I would share it with you guy's. Made from 1-1/2 and 1" mild steel .065 wall tubing. Weighs 4.5 lb. - next one will be .042 chromoly. Gonna do a rear skid outta chromo as well- will post some pic's when it's done. Six-pac rack to follow. You can also, see in the picture the front a-arm skids I built a couple of weeks ago. "Necessity is the mother of Invention"- some famous person said that. Don't remember who it was tho. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
that bumper is sweet....... and dnt paint it....... i like the welds like that.... it looks frickin awsum :rock

·
Registered
358 Posts
Nice work. I wish I was lucky enough to have all that cool stuff like you. All i have to work with at my house is a arc welder and hopefully a mig welder soon. Im building a freestyle jump right now, so a mig would be very nice to have.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a nice mig, and a tubing notcher, I also just bought a tubing bender.

Im going to make some swingarms for some of my riding buddies (my sons 400EX's swing arm is junk, his will be the first, then a couple other 400's and a Rappy, then one for the my YFZ!!
Tapered bearing round housing baby!!!!.

Having the tools is one ting, being able to use them is another.
Ive been welding for over ten years, and someday I will have a Tig or Heli arc!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Nice dude,

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
make them and sell em....... that thing looks pimp :rock

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Having the tools is one ting, being able to use them is another."

True, true -Iv'e seen some ugly shit out there. Just having the tool, doesn't make you a fabricator. It's all about how you use that tool. Sorta like sex! :O :O

Built this bad ass ***** from the ground up.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts