YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was curious anyone uses non-ethanol fuel in their yfz? I've heard mixed answers depending on who I asked. For reference, it's a 2020 yfz450r se, so it's fuel injected

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was curious anyone uses non-ethanol fuel in their yfz? I've heard mixed answers depending on who I asked. For reference, it's a 2020 yfz450r se, so it's fuel injected
I run VP Racing fuel exclusively in my 19 450R. My issue with ethanol added fuel is that it loves to absorb water and therefore can be corrosive because technically ethanol by itself is a pretty potent solvent. It loves to eat up/dissolve rubber, plastic, fiberglass, etc. Also, ethanol tends to separate quite quick if left in a tank for any length of time. Which for me is a big deal seeing that I don’t get out and burn the entire tank of fuel every outing. In the past when I ran ethanol fuel, I have remedied the prior issue by either attempting to only put in the fuel I think I’ll need for an outing (which is tough) or if I know I have fuel left in the tank, I siphon it out and just toss it in my mower. And lets be fair, ethanol does have some “hippie properties” which are good, but we didn’t buy a sport quad that rips up the trails for conservation purposes lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yeah, it's good to run ethanol free fuel. I usually have to stick to 93 pump fuel (with up to 10% ethanol) just because it's hard to find ethanol free here but it would be better to run it ethanol free.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Luckily I found a place nearby tonight. One of the local marinas nearby sells ethanol free 90 oct. I bought a few gallons and juiced it to 100 oct with an additive. Quad is running better than ever! Appreciate everyone's input. It really helped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts