YFZ Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the horn with Eddie Sanders. He said that his pipes will be done in a few weeks. 2-3 to be exact. He is offering two different options one with a straight core and one with a tapered core. The tapered core produces roughly 1hp more that the straight core pipe. He is also selling his pipe with a new water pump spigot so you can get rid of the ugly swan neck on the stock bike. The reason for this is the header on his system sucks up tight against the engine and there is no room for the water spigot so he made a relocation thingie. They will be available in several anodized colors(blue, red, grey and polished aluminum) and all the anodized parts will be interchangeable as well as interchangeable end-caps in the future for less sound or spark arresting. He is also going to release his airbox eliminator and billet parts for them as well. Dont expect the pipe to be a woods pipe because he flat out told me that he was gearing them for top-end HP more than bottom-end. Which is fine with me for the dunes and drag racing stuff.
Anywhos, I just wanted to update yous guys on this stuff. I am going to get one of the tapered core exhausts and the airbox eliminator as soon as they are available.
Isaac

·
Registered
97 Posts
I saw the pipe in dirt wheels add and it looks really cool. I like the curtis sparks but if that thing has the same top end or more i might have to do a little switch :evil Well can't wait until it comes out and I also am very interested in the airbox elim. for sand duning. Does anyone have any pics? probably no just wishing ;)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to off my Sparks pipe when the ESR becomes available. Also, the ESR airbox eliminator is going to "look" just like a fourtrax one. Anywhos, let your minds run wild.
Isaac

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used to race sprint cars in PA and I'll say that Eddie does awsome work with his engines and pipes. He also helped me out big time with the carbs for my 600cc winged sprint which was nice being that I bought them from his competitor :) I'm sure his pipe is gonna fly and it'll probably be the pipe I get when I find one of these 450s under $7000

Also FTZ puts together good pipes but they might be heavier then what the other pipes are and are pretty good with 4stroke power especially on bullet bike engines.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Edgerat why are you going to get rid of your sparks pipe. I will guarantee you the ESR will perform no better. It may be as good but I doubt any better.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you wanna put some money on it???? I have been around ESR's products for a LONG LONG TIME and I can tell you that if Eddie tells me something works better than what I have currently it will. ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
IM love esr to death as far as 250cc hondas go but what kind of experience do they have with 4 stroke?? I bet its not as much as curtis sparks :lol

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pete,
The only reason the ESR pipe is so much is because it comes with new water pump spigot. That way the header can hug the cylinder rather than have to go around the BIG water pump spigot that is on there now.
Wood,
I dont know how much experience Eddie has with 4-strokes but I know that he is used to beating them in the Micros. I am still going to order one.
Isaac

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's funny, when I went to dumont on presidents day weekend about 3 years ago the eddie sanders built hondas where all getting beat by the sparks built bikes. There was 50k people there and all I heard about was Curtis Sparks and how fast his machines were. Not disagreeing just commenting that there is a lot of difference in opinion.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well lets not get into Sparks vs. ESR out on the hill with R's. That is a whole different ball game.
I guess I have carried the torch for ESR for long enough. If you guys want to buy one of his pipes great if not great.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also think ESR makes great stuff and I am not disputing that. I just don't thing that they are any better than sparks stuff. They are both great companies.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
K, but dont pretend like the Team Sparks vs. All ESR engines out there is a accurate cross-section to take. The ONLY fast ESR engine on the hill that I have ever heard of is Safarians.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts