YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks real nice to me. I will probably get one before next dune season so I can ride with shorts on again :blah

Attachments

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I love the look of the anodized red pipe....cant wait to get a hold of one of those. Awesome performance, AND good looks. Cant beat that... :rock :rock

·
Registered
126 Posts
Colors? Do they come in blue?

I don't like the clamps they look funny. It looks nice and shiny, but plain.

Does it give a lot of power?

·
Registered
773 Posts
What's up with the fender support and brake fluid resi?

For what it's worth the YZ450F kicker arm would hit that head pipe. GYT-R - who knows?

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
In my uniformed opinion that looks like a super tight bend right out of the head. You thought your pipe glowed red now......wait tell you look at that one. 8| Also and I think this has been stated before, but that exhaust should come with the new lower radiator hose / water pump cover, since that one is not stock. :what Other than that the pipe looks pretty good. My only concern is that first tight bend......

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Originally posted by raygun@Nov 14 2003, 06:16 AM
Colors? Do they come in blue?

I don't like the clamps they look funny. It looks nice and shiny, but plain.

Does it give a lot of power?
Yeah, they have different colors, and from what ive been reading, this pipe has like a 2-3 HP gain over a sparks...(notice the lowercase letter on that one selector :rock :rock ) Anyways, its like $600 tho....like i said an arm and a leg, but i think itll be worth it :evilgrin :yfz

·
Registered
625 Posts
let me just clear up a few things here.
One, the way the header bends right off the head is fine. The Sparks CRF header is the same way. Two, the ESR pipe has been dyno proven to have 3 more hp on the top-end than the Sparks pipe. Lastly, it is my understanding from Darren at ESR that the new water pump spigot is part of the expense.
Isaac

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Originally posted by edgerat@Nov 14 2003, 12:04 PM
let me just clear up a few things here.
One, the way the header bends right off the head is fine. The Sparks CRF header is the same way. Two, the ESR pipe has been dyno proven to have 3 more hp on the top-end than the Sparks pipe. Lastly, it is my understanding from Darren at ESR that the new water pump spigot is part of the expense.
Isaac
Good to hear... :lol :lol :lol :rock :rock

·
Registered
625 Posts
NR,
I would have to say it is most likely the same DB output if not a little louder. As far as the quality ESR is second to none when they come to fit and finish. ESR really puts the extra time and effort into the apperance of their product.
Isaac

·
Registered
141 Posts
Originally posted by edgerat@Nov 14 2003, 11:53 PM
NR,
I would have to say it is most likely the same DB output if not a little louder. As far as the quality ESR is second to none when they come to fit and finish. ESR really puts the extra time and effort into the apperance of their product.
Isaac
thanks...i might be adding this to my mods list when time comes for an exhaust...600 bucks is a lot though :eek

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Originally posted by nacsracer27+Nov 14 2003, 04:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nacsracer27 @ Nov 14 2003, 04:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--edgerat@Nov 14 2003, 11:53 PM
NR,
I would have to say it is most likely the same DB output if not a little louder.  As far as the quality ESR is second to none when they come to fit and finish.  ESR really puts the extra time and effort into the apperance of their product.
Isaac
thanks...i might be adding this to my mods list when time comes for an exhaust...600 bucks is a lot though :eek [/b][/quote]
Yeah, it is a bit steep, but i was planning on getting a Yoshi and those things arent exactly cheap either. After seeing this pipe and seeing what i woulda been spending, i think im getting a hell of a lot more bang for my buck. :rock :rock

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I talked too Eddie last week and the pipe is now $585 and that includes the new water pump neck.

There is also a cheaper version avaliable.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Originally posted by YFZdream450+Nov 15 2003, 02:37 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YFZdream450 @ Nov 15 2003, 02:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2003, 04:29 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--edgerat
@Nov 14 2003, 11:53 PM
NR,
I would have to say it is most likely the same DB output if not a little louder.  As far as the quality ESR is second to none when they come to fit and finish.  ESR really puts the extra time and effort into the apperance of their product.
Isaac

thanks...i might be adding this to my mods list when time comes for an exhaust...600 bucks is a lot though :eek
Yeah, it is a bit steep, but i was planning on getting a Yoshi and those things arent exactly cheap either. After seeing this pipe and seeing what i woulda been spending, i think im getting a hell of a lot more bang for my buck. :rock :rock [/b][/quote]
i think yoshi is ass....i would choose this pipe over yoshi anyday of the week

1 - 20 of 24 Posts