YFZ Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these motor mounts about a year and a half ago and when i was at Dumont a friend pointed out to me one was cracked.When i got home i took them off and discovered they were completely fractured in multiple places :shocker: .Ive emailed ESR 3 times with no response.Whatever,i bought OEM ones.It just sucks to spend that kind of money on something and have it completely fail in such a short time.All the bolts were tight and my bike is a hill bike so its not like i was jumping it.Pretty upset about it. :angryfire: :bawling:

Here are what they look like.I know i could call but i dont expect them to do anything about it anyway.Ive read on here about other peoples breaking and they want the original invoice,and its always a technicality.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
They were real nice when I had to return a fractured pair before, why not just call and see what they could do for you? A year and a half doesn't seem like that short of a time at all but I guess it all depends on how often you ride.

·
Registered
848 Posts
dude, a year and a half...you got plenty of use out of them

I went thru a handful of stock sets this year, until i started using Nmotion mounts, never had a problem since

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
sometimes the cause of these breaking, at least the stock ones, is that the mount/bolt directly under the engine is loose.. make sure you check that bolt and torque to spec.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts

I went thru a handful of stock sets this year, until i started using Nmotion mounts, never had a problem since
[/b]
A year and a half of sand riding is actually about 9 months. And it's not mx. They shouldn't of broken. Last I checked motor mounts weren't a piston. They don't need to be replaced every 50 hours.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya im over it. :strokin: I bought a new set of oem mounts for $13 and gave a guy a case of beer to chrome them. :mhihi: They look great :clap:

·
Registered
168 Posts
that sucks dude but ya a year and a half is a long time sorry to hear bout your luck

·
Registered
803 Posts

[/b]
hey im on my 5th set of junk a$$ Stockers, whats up with these Nmotion ones. whats the price

1 - 9 of 9 Posts