YFZ Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems getting there ESR intake to fit with an aftermarket rear shock? If so, what did you do to get it to fit or did you? I have tried multiple ways to get mine to work but I cannot find a way that I would feel comfortable with it actually staying on. I tried to do a search for this but came up with nothing.

Thanks
Cody

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
Yep, doesn't fit.

FCI fits.

Ron Woods doesn't fit either.

Pro Flow with stock air tube of coarse fits.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the quick reply, I guess I will be looking into getting a FCI intake. Are they pretty good intakes?

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
IMO they (FCI) are the best.

I do think that the ebay Velocity intake will fit, but it may not.... and when I tested alot of intakes back in the day the Ebay one was about mid pack out of the bunch I tested. Not the best, not the worse.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When you say that ESR intake doesn´t fit with an aftermarket rear shock I suppose that is because the intake don´t fit between the frame and the shock... What is the problem?? The spring of the shock or the head of the shock??

I ask you because I'm going to install the complete Venom performance system in my ATV including the ESR intake modded by Venom. My rear shock is a stock shock modified for Supermoto. It has a little bit wider spring as you can see in the next pic:

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts