YFZ Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys/gals well it's time for a engine swap on my "old work horse". the donor is a 90 yz490 (2 stroke) that's been bored 80 over and before it get's put in i'll have the head ported and polished. i'll try to keep taking pic over the transplant, and try to let ya know of any problems that i run into. here's a few pic of what i'm working with.

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
that should haul man!!!! get that thing in there and tell us how it runs!!!! :rock

·
Registered
73 Posts
it be good but if the frame does not snap in half :sonic

·
Registered
570 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by ncdak@Feb 15 2004, 03:59 PM
:evil is there anyone that i can send the pix of the empty frame that can post them?
send them to [email protected]

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i'll be test fiting the 490 in the next hr or two. i'll take pics as the process moves on, but no fear on not riding this weekend. i got my tax return now and i'm getting my 450 FRIDAY!!!!! :O
oh i'm also getting my helmet cam in the next few days

:yfz
josh

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well the last two days have been in my favor. the motor has sooooooooo much room in the warroir frame it's not even funny. a couple of drop brackets, motor mounts, and a new custom pipe to be made and i should be ready to crank it. oh and a new chain. and i'm now a lucky owner of a 2004 YFZ 450. i pick it up tomarrow afternoon. it's the white one. so i'll let ya know how fast i kill myself on that to. :evilgrin lol
:yfz

josh

·
Registered
2 Posts
2005 yfz 450 motor swap

i am if a 2008 motor will work in a 2005. if so will there be any problems with doing that.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thread is 7 years old lol

·
Registered
633 Posts
I think I saw this on Everything2Stroke? Did he ever finish it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts