YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I own a 2012 yfz450r and after 4 years and almost 200 hours of me riding it engine has shown signs of letting go lol
Having hard time starting up and white smoke every now and then , I want to rebuild it before it breaks now question is if I’m already rebuilding it should I go with 480,520? I currently have a custom exhaust and msd blaster ecu and I want some extra power, I don’t race it’s just for fun, would appreciate the help with finding the right rebuilding and high quality kit that I’m looking for, thanks !

·
Registered
730 Posts
In my opinion I wouldn't go for a big bore. If you're looking for more power get the head ported. It will give you decent power and avoid any reliability issues with big bore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
  1. What kind of reliability issue am I facing with big bore instead of stock one ?

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Having a big bore always produces more heat and causes more stress to the crank. Having a ported head with a better intake cam and a stock piston seems to always feel smoother and last longer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Having a big bore always produces more heat and causes more stress to the crank. Having a ported head with a better intake cam and a stock piston seems to always feel smoother and last longer.
Not sure if I was clear but I’m gonna replace the crank even if it’s good with something aftermarket that is better , i want to do a complete rebuild with better parts then stock and I want the most hp I can get out of it reliable, if it means doing big bore , ported head and cam I’ll go that route , also if anyone has a good rebuild kit something high quality that meets my expectations I would appreciate if they could send it to me

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Most big bores plating is sub par as well. Know a handful of people that sent them out new to be redone

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts