YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I went for a small ride about 2 weeks ago now but didn't get to clean my bike, so yesterday I warmed up the bike rode it onto the trailer and brought it to the car wash.
After I washed and brought it home I warmed it up again and when I went to put it away I noticed when in gear the engine light comes on, checked oil level and it seems to be good. im going to change the oil and filter since it looks a little runny to me but figured I would throw this out there for any ideas. bike has about 57 hrs on motor, never had any motor work done. I change oil/and filter every 2 rides or 5 hrs which ever come first.
I did notice when riding 2 weeks ago the chain was a little loose but I doubt that has anything to do with the light.
let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Transmission light? You mean the Check engine light?

Reactions: PWeeZy42

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nobody has anything to add? im surprised

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no flash it just comes on when gears are engaged

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I went for a small ride about 2 weeks ago now but didn't get to clean my bike, so yesterday I warmed up the bike rode it onto the trailer and brought it to the car wash.
After I washed and brought it home I warmed it up again and when I went to put it away I noticed when in gear the engine light comes on, checked oil level and it seems to be good. im going to change the oil and filter since it looks a little runny to me but figured I would throw this out there for any ideas. bike has about 57 hrs on motor, never had any motor work done. I change oil/and filter every 2 rides or 5 hrs which ever come first.
I did notice when riding 2 weeks ago the chain was a little loose but I doubt that has anything to do with the light.
let me know what you guys think.
I have the same problem.. were you able to fix your issue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts