YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have alwaysd used Evans Collant in my 450, but I have herd of guys that use Engine Ice and like it real well, other than price is there any benifits to one or the other of these two collants or what are other people using for racing or atleast hard riding?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Engine Ice all the way!!!!
its supposed 2 lower operating temps the most out of all the coolants ive seen

·
Registered
938 Posts
Mostley dilluted water with the addition of watter wetter and a splash of anitfreeze for lubrication

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
From what I've read, it boils

I got a full can of it in the garage, as soon as I read that it boils, I went with Coolanol

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
QUOTE (SyKo450 @ Feb 22 2009, 12:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749338
From what I've read, it boils

I got a full can of it in the garage, as soon as I read that it boils, I went with Coolanol[/b]
I'm gonna have to disagree with that.

Engine Ice is way better than Coolanol. Don't get me wrong, Coolanol is good stuff. That's what I used to run in my YFZ and never had any trouble with it. But when I got my hybrid it would overheat sometimes. I talked to a few people who were familiar with hybrids (CRF engines especially) and they told me that I needed a better coolant. So I got some Engine Ice and it never overheated again. I've been running it ever since, even when I bought my YFZ back.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Interesting, I read the reviews from RMATV

1 - 8 of 8 Posts