YFZ Central banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm in the market for quad rate LT shocks. I was wondering, which do some of you prefer, Elka or TCS? I have heard all good things about the Elka's and mostly bad things about TCS. Which shock is softer, has more sag, and can take the bigger jumps better?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that the TCS use Elka bodies. I thoght only differences were cosmetic and valving. I could be way off though. I have owned Elkas and I will say that they were a bit harsh on smaller stuff, but would soak up the biggest landings......JIM

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
i hav ridden both and i can tell you.......... the elkas are going to do be better on the landings of jumps, but the TCS are going to be more plush at slower speeds..... axis i would not get because i think they are overpriced and arent even ZPS and i went with PZS once and will never go back...... just my .02

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Axis aren't ZPS, true, but don't they sag just as much? My friend has John Natalie's old CRF and they seem to sag more than my friend who has TCS shocks.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i suggest the tcs shocks. they are a very popular setup on yfz's lately because their very good shocks. the quality is second to none, the prices are hard to beat, and the wait for them is very reasonable. you factor that all together and you have one hard to beat shock.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Either shock is going to work the way you have them setup. Any brand can be setup to be soft, stiff, have more or less sag or how ever you want them setup.
As far as which is better, its like comparing apples to oranges. Elka's are a higher quality shock than TCS.
Elka used to build the bodies for TCS but they stoped doing that over a year ago.

hope this helps,
Jeff

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's almost more depends on your wallet and preference. Elka are used by top pros, they use them for a reason they work well. I have also ordered a set of ELKA Quad rate ZPS's for my YFz long travel Walsh arms. So my opinion is bias, but hey it's just my preference. I have raced for 5 yrs and tried all the companies out and so far I like Elka better. Quicker, a little pricey, very high quality.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Originally posted by Jester6@Jan 19 2004, 06:10 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys, but I decided to go with Axis.
good choice-i was just about to recommend them. what did you get exactly and how much did it run you?

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by Jester6@Jan 19 2004, 06:10 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys, but I decided to go with Axis.
:|

·
Registered
201 Posts
Originally posted by DrakeSpeed@Jan 15 2004, 03:01 PM
It's almost more depends on your wallet and preference. Elka are used by top pros, they use them for a reason they work well. I have also ordered a set of ELKA Quad rate ZPS's for my YFz long travel Walsh arms. So my opinion is bias, but hey it's just my preference. I have raced for 5 yrs and tried all the companies out and so far I like Elka better. Quicker, a little pricey, very high quality.
where you live?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts