YFZ Central banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elka now has shocks ready to ship for you guys that have the new Yammy's! Reports are the stock shocks are not all that they are cracked up to be!

Can you not upload pics on here?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Jeff isn't that you listed in ATV Sport for being number 1 in your class for woods racing? If it is congratulations for riding like a maniac.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Ok Jeff......looks like you are looking for someone to test them out to be sure, so I guess send them to me and I'll check them out :lol What are you trying to post a pic of?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ok, I would like to know what is wrong with the stock shocks???

Sounds like from other guys that they can be re-valved and re-sprung. So would doing that cost less then ELKA(aftermarket)?? After doing that why would they still not be good as aftermarket??

I know there is the basic of 0 Preload, but I ride with a lot of guys that don't like 0 preloads.

I remember reading a report from Nic (C-dale racer) who is like 200lbs and he stated they would need to be re-sprung for his weight, but the stock valving was good.

:?:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Jeff isn't that you listed in ATV Sport for being number 1 in your class for woods racing? If it is congratulations for riding like a maniac.
Why yes it is, thanks for noticing! :D

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok Jeff......looks like you are looking for someone to test them out to be sure, so I guess send them to me and I'll check them out :lol What are you trying to post a pic of?
LOL.....I should be testing them in a couple weeks, I will post the results here!
I'm trying to post pics of the shocks mounted on a YFZ.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for posting....post the other 2 if you want.
Not sure what I will be riding next year, I love the Cannondale but I won't be able to ride pro production on it next year.

·
Registered
869 Posts
jeffy have you ordered mine yet? :)

G

·
0 Posts
very sweet....... i love my elkas on my Z....... so how much travel are these supposed to be pushing on stock arms? And I'm talking compression adjustable only. Thanks a lot. Trey

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Naaaa...I don't sweat Pappy. He's older than me! ;)

I won't be able to race the Dale in Pro Production because it isn't in production anymore. :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts