YFZ Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep reading these magazines that say the Duncan YFZ had some electrical problems at the PDV. Something about the charging system overcharging the battery and burning them up. Anybody here ever had a similar problem? Is there a fix?

·
Registered
983 Posts
No i dont but it seems that the quick fix is t run the headlights on highbeam if you got 'em.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You also have to take into consideration that that machine was running hard for 24 hours. That was no joy ride or your usual 5 laps at the mx track.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Originally posted by RPyfz450@Dec 10 2003, 01:58 AM
Does anyone know if WR450F owners are complaining of charging problems?
i haven't heard anything. i run wih my headlights on high beam just like seatec said and i haven't had any problems yet

andy

G

·
I think after riding for a while mabey aroun 5-7 hours the battery starts overcharging
this cause the battery to act like its dead, buzzing noise or hard stars

Today i accecentaly left the kill switch on and found that the battery was just about dead :uhoh i had enough to start but i put it on a trickle charger right away and its still on it now soo ill let u no what happens. :uhoh

·
Registered
217 Posts
Uh... how long did you leave it on for ?

When I had that gunk in my fuel lines, me and 3 other people were trying to push start it for about 3 hours... battery didnt go DEAD but there was barely enough to start it....

G

·
It was on all night billsblaster :re :disgust

the trickle charger charged it right up and in the meantime i checked the sparkplug damn thats a pain in the ass! but anyway there was some dirt particles in the sparkplug housing. is this normal. by the way the trickle charger is stayin on all night just in case and i might invest in a bettr battery if it helps any info on that?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by Clutch123@Jan 6 2004, 01:46 AM
in the meantime i checked the sparkplug damn thats a pain in the ass! but anyway there was some dirt particles in the sparkplug housing.
speaking of sparkplug...thats not your normal coil either is it?!? :what

·
Registered
921 Posts
i never turn my lights on an have never had a problem with charging or anything else hmmm maybe its only a few doin this, how many peoples yfzs are doing this????????????????????????? :rock :yfz :yfz

G

·
LOL i found that my starter switch had a bad connection. :re

fires great now but the trickle also helped too.
yep its the stock coil

also does anyone no if i have to have my valve clearces checked
i have about 30 hours on mine.
How hard is it to do and if they are off is it bad for the motor or does it just faul plugs?

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts